Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter
Model: Kestrel 5500
This Kestrel meter does it all! The Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Kestrel 5500 is available in:
- Non Bluetooth
- W/ Bluetooth LiNK & Vane Mount
- Tripod (sold separately)
- Colors: Yellow, Olive Drab, Desert Tan
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobile / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series<
- Improved high resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV – Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, not really noticeable difference. Fits same cases.
- Includes vane mount with 5500 LiNK option
- Roughly 12,000 data points.
- Digital Compass
- Wind Direction
- Headwind / Tailwind
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Compass Direction
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed/Air Speed
Please download the datasheet (pdf) here.