Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter
Model: Kestrel 5000
The Kestrel 5000 Pocket Weather Meter is the baseline wind and weather meter in the Kestrel 5000 series. While the Kestrel 5000 Pocket Weather Meter is similar in wind and weather monitoring functions available with the Kestrel 3500 Wind Meter, it has several advantages such as Bluetooth connectivity, data storage, graphing functions, and computer interface technology. It has the capacity to store up to 10,000 data points of weather data, enabling you to track changes in the environment over time, view these changes as graphs on your Kestrel 5000’s display, and even upload the data to your PC or Mac. The Kestrel 5000 series is now available with optional Bluetooth LINK Technology, which allows your Kestrel to communicate with your Android or iOS device up to 100 feet away, and maximize the battery life of your weather meter.
Each Bluetooth Meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications.
As with all 5000 series Kestrel meters, they have both a white backlight (which is even great for daytime use) and a night-vision preserving backlight. The red night vision (NV) backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not “red”, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) Basically, with the red backlight, your eyes don’t need to adjust when looking from your meter to the horizon in night time use.
- Easy to read, backlit screen with high resolution for even bright sunny conditions.
- Time and date
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage – 10,000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface or Bluetooth)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed/Air Speed
Please download the datasheet (pdf) here.